Thursday, September 5, 2013

Know-it alls

Apparently I am raising three Know-it-alls.

Anytime I say something to one of my kids I hear, "I know."  

If I see them struggling and I make a suggestion to try to make their life easier, the response is, "I know." 

If I suggest they not do something so they don't get hurt I hear, "I know."

If I tell them not to say something because it isn't nice to say, I hear, "I know."

In fact, I really can't say anything to them without hearing, "I know."

Which brings me to, if they "know" so much, then why do I always have to jump in and say something?  And, why do they do things that they "know" they should not do?  And, why do they ask for help after they have been told a different way to try doing something?  

It's tough raising Know-it-alls. There is no manual.  They know everything so there really isn't anything I can possibly teach them. 

Since they "know" so much, I am hoping I will learn something from them. 

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I have one in my house, too. :)

    ReplyDelete