Thursday, September 26, 2013

There's nothing to eat in the house!

I hear those words often.  When you have two teenage boys, sometimes there really isn't much to eat at our house.

Sunday, RT made a grocery store run.  We needed to stock up on some things for the week (think school lunches).  He bought other items for dinners for the week, too.  That night, RT made a big batch of chili.  I should mention that all three kids complained about the chili.  Nick wouldn't eat it because he wasn't hungry for chili, Alex and Bella ate a real small amount.  I didn't eat any (I'm the vegetarian, remember?).

On Monday, I made a Costco run.  Costco equals lifetime supply.  < which does not necessarily hold true for our house (two teenage boys)

I was out with Bella after school when I got the call.

"Mom, we have nothing to eat."

Dad went to the grocery store yesterday and I went to Costco today.  I know we have some food at home.

"But we still don't have anything to eat."*
   *nothing to eat = no pizza
    *My kids would live on pizza at every meal if I let them. Bad frozen pizza.

There is leftover chili.

"I don't want chili."

Then make yourself a sandwich.

This conversation continued for a short while until I hung up.  Yes.  I hung up.  I didn't want to hear the complaining.   I think he understood because I didn't get a call back.  I'm sure he found something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment