Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Spam readers on Blogger - part II

I wrote about some of the spam readers that have been showing up on the Blogger Dashboard in this post here.

This has been one of my popular posts and since that post I have discovered another spam reader I thought I would share. 

These Spam readers appear in the Blogger Dashboard under "stats."  If you click on "stats" and then click "traffic sources" you will see a list of who has visited your blog.  This information is fun to look at so you can tell where your readers are coming from.  What are they looking up to get to your blog? 

Under "Referring sites" you will find links to where your reader(s) are coming from.  Do not click on these links!  If you are trying to find out what site your reader is coming from, do a google search for that website.  Some of the referring websites are Spam and can do harm to your computer.  If you do accidentally click on one of the referring links, do not click on anything on their site. 

When you click on these links, they will continue to appear in your Dashboard as referring sites.  They have you hooked and want you to keep coming back.  It is best to ignore these referring sites.

The following were the sites I listed last time NOT to click:

topblogstories.com
vampirestat
flf-course
filmhill
kmzackblogger.blogspot
In addition to the above sites I have one more site to add.  Do not click on the following referring site:

ohbelog.com

Remember, if you ever have questions, it's best to look up the information on the web prior to clicking on those links.

**UPDATE:  You can now add:

 adsensewatchdog.com

to the list of links NOT to click on.  You might think this is part of Google adsense (especially if you have ads on your blog) but, it's just another one of those spammers.  All along I thought it was linked to the actual Google adsense, checking in on my blog.  Big disappointment (to me).  It's just another spammer, trying to get you to click on their link and then on ads on their blog.  Don't do it.  Don't click on it.  Just ignore it.

**UPDATE:  You can add
7secretsearch.com

to the list of DO NOT CLICK websites.  These websites are popping up all over.  Be careful out there!

Oh, and a word to  my spammer friends.  If you are going to spam my blog, do your part around here and press on the ad links.  

2 comments:

  1. if you use StatCounter, as well the stats that come with blogspot, you can get true visits without the referrer spam skewing your stats.

    Our mutual friend kmz was also on my stats, and I Googled, and landed on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Glad you googled the visitor and did not click. Have a great day!

      Delete