Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Darn weeds!

I decided to pull some weeds on our front lawn. We are great at growing weeds. Our entire front lawn is covered in weeds. Okay, okay. I won't exaggerate. It's not the entire lawn. There are two, maybe three blades of grass out there.

We don't use chemicals on our lawn (thus the billions of weeds).  I am the hired "weed killer" at our house.  (those early years of torturous training by my mother, who made me pull weeds, really paid off)

This summer I started out early and pulled quite a few weeds. I got a little lazy as the summer went on.  Somehow, the weeds multiplied and, well, there I am, hanging out on the front lawn with my trusty sidekicks (Newton and Pippen). *

*my sidekicks are no help. Newton is good. He just lays there and enjoys being outside.  Well, except for those times that he decides to wander away quietly and then pulls that "I'm old and can't hear" trick on me.  Pippen has to be glued to my side (or directly in front of me) with his body blocking my view and his paws standing on the weeds that I am trying to pull.

Since weeds are in such abundance, I'm surprised no one has found a use for them.  Grind them up, make them into a liquid (somehow) and use them to power cars. Then we don't have to depend on anyone (or another country) for our fuel supply. We will have a fuel abundance. I mean, it's not like we will ever run out of weeds, right?  One look at my front lawn tells me if the world ran out of weeds, we would be able to provide them for everyone. 

It's just a thought.

 It would be nice to see us use our natural resources.  Weeds on my lawn wouldn't be an eyesore.   And, the best thing....I would get paid to pull weeds while having a dog in my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment