Thursday, January 3, 2013

Milestones

When you have a child, you make note of their (many) milestones in their life.
First smile.
First time rolling over.
First tooth.
First word.
First step.
There are so many when they are a baby.  As they grow older, there are less but they still have meaning.
First haircut.
First day of school.
First bike ride (without training wheels)
First lost tooth.
I love to take it all in when each child reaches a milestone.  Taking pictures in my mind (along with pictures from my camera).  Making sure I remember the moment forever.  Memories that will last forever in my mind.
About a year ago, I wrote about Nick getting his driver's permit .  What an exciting time that was for him (and us).  Getting all of the hours and experience needed seemed like a huge task.  The hours didn't seem so bad when he decided to help drive his Grandfather back from Florida during Spring Break.  Then there's the trip (and LONG wait) at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).  And the hoping (and praying) that the Ghetto Van doesn't do anything crazy during the driving test.  Oh, and that it passes inspection.
I am pleased to say that today Nick has hit yet another milestone.
Today he got his driver's license. 

I didn't get much of a smile in this picture, but, I did get a smile when he told me that he passed.   His exact words were, "Apparently, I passed the test."
I think he was pretty proud of himself.
And, so are we. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment