Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

We celebrated my mom's birthday yesterday.  My brothers and I planned it so that we could stop by her house and surprise* her with muffins and cupcakes.  The muffins idea came from my oldest brother who said he doesn't do sugar.  And, yes, they had some sugar in them.  They were pretty good. 

*surprise.  If you remember from last year's birthday, my mom doesn't like surprises.  If we were younger, we might have been in some sort of trouble (and my oldest brother would somehow get our of it)  I think she liked this birthday surprise.

But, hey, it's a birthday!  Everyone wants cake (or cupcakes) on their birthday!  So, I, the favorite child, made Red Velvet Cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting.  Yum!
yea, I did a photo bomb
actually, my nephew was taking the picture with my camera and I asked him to take it of my mom
oh, well, you get to see us and all of the cupcakes, except for the one my nephew took (and took a bite out of) before we sang Happy Birthday.  Yea, I gave him a hard time about it. 
 
My mom is wearing one of the necklaces that I made.  It's a mosaic.  Took me a little longer than the others and was definitely a fun one to make. 

I put this one on a suede necklace
a little classier
Hey, it's for my mom!

We had a great time visiting and telling stories.  Of course, my oldest brother had to tell an off color story at the end.  Somehow, he gets away with it.  Maybe its because he is the oldest. 

I think my mom enjoyed spending her day with her kids and (some) of her grandkids.

 
Happy Birthday, Mom! 

1 comment: