Sunday, January 13, 2013

Vegetarian Diaries - Collard Greens

I know what you're thinking.  Collard Greens?  Is she crazy?  And, the answer is, yes.  You should know that by now.

I wanted to try collard greens, but, the majority of the recipes out there have them cooked with ham.  I'm a vegetarian.  So, trying to make collard greens with the addition of meat happens to be a problem for me.

I searched and found a vegan recipe for Collard Greens and White Beans.  (another one of my Dr. Seuss rhymes)  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com  Here is the link with the recipe here.

I found this recipe real easy to make and it was delicious!  I added a little more garlic (I love garlic) and I definitely had more than 7 ounces of collard greens.  If you read through some of the reviews, some complained that it was real soupy.  I did not have that problem because I had more greens than was needed in the recipe.  Making this into a Collard green and bean soup wouldn't be that bad.  Adjust your recipe so there's enough water to make it into soup.
I
Delicious!


Here's the recipe (taken from www.allrecipes.com ).  Give it a try.

"Try them, try them and you may!  Try them and you may, I say!" (Dr. Seuss)

What are you waiting for?



2 tablespoons water, or more as needed



1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 1/4 cups water




No comments:

Post a Comment