Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dressing up to clean

I was cleaning the house the other day.  Surprise, surprise.  I say that because I feel that's about all I do in my life. 

Anyway, enough about me, lets get back to my story.  I was dressed in some old clothes (men's t-shirt and a pair of old workout shorts). 

I know what you're thinking. 

Sexy.

RT came in and commented on my attire by saying, "I see you're all dressed up and ready to go out to lunch."  He was kidding, of course. 

That comment got me thinking.  No, not thinking of getting rid of him (RT), but of cleaning and the clothes that you wear while cleaning.

What do you wear to clean your house?  Or I should ask, do you clean your house?  If you need a house to clean ours is available anytime.  I wouldn't mind giving up my cleaning duties.

Where is this leading to, you ask?

I have a friend who told me (this was years ago when she had her first child and was staying home with him) that she would wear her jewelry when she cleaned.  She purchased some beautiful costume jewelry before she got married.  She figured, why not wear it?  Sometimes when you stay at home, you don't feel the need to get dressed up.  Let's face it, with an infant, putting on earrings and a necklace aren't exactly the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning after a night of very little sleep.

What I do remember her saying to me is that "everyone should feel beautiful even when they are cleaning the toilet."

And, why shouldn't you feel beautiful when you are cleaning?  It's not fun work and it can be disgusting at times.

It's time for a change.  It's time to make cleaning the house a fun, beautiful job.  When you walk by that mirror you see your beautiful reflection shining back at you.

So, next time you have to clean the house, throw on some nice jewelry, maybe a tiara (you are cleaning the throne, right? :) and start scrubbing away knowing that you look beautiful.

Even when you are cleaning the toilet.

1 comment: