Thursday, January 24, 2013

We're gonna hit the mattresses

That's what I plan to do (literally) on Saturday when we get our mattress back.

We bought our mattress last summer and we are allowed a one time adjustment for free.  Sounds great and all but they neglect to mention that we will be without a mattress for 3 nights.

It doesn't sound too painful.  Three nights should go by fast, right?  We do have several couches to choose from.  We could share a bed with one of the kids (well, only two of them would be willing) or kick them out of their bed (and room) and make them sleep somewhere else.  I suggested to Alex that he share with Nick.  He told me Nick would have to leave all weapons at the door.  (such a loving relationship they have)

RT and I decided to camp out in the family room.  For a person who has a hard time sleeping, RT had NO PROBLEM sleeping on the floor last night.  He put a blanket and sleeping bag down, had a sleeping bag on top and settled in nice and cozy.  I'm a side sleeper and the hard floor was not very giving.  I opted for the couch (the one that I slept on during two of my pregnancies). 

So, there we are, laying there.  Within seconds RT has fallen asleep and is snoring.  How does he do it?  I was wide awake for what seemed like hours until I finally fell asleep.  Waking up several times.  Dreaming that Nick came in and I was about to say, "We're in here."  But, RT grumbled something and I jumped up, wide awake (and no Nick in the room). 

Nick did finally come in and stare at us around 6am.  I said that we're sleeping in here.  He said, why?  I said, we don't have a mattress.  (the kid is probably confused since he wasn't around when we discussed this happening and hopefully won't be scarred for life seeing his parents camped out on the family room floor)  I forget to mention that RT slept during this discussion.

I woke up in good spirits.  I slept okay, not great.  I'm trying to see this as an adventure.

RT wakes up and says he feels like he went 15 rounds with George Foreman.  Yea, the guy who quickly fell asleep and was snoring for quite awhile.

I can't wait until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment