Thursday, October 10, 2019

National Handbag Day

I found another weird  interesting holiday to celebrate.  Today is National Handbag Day.  It's a day to celebrate all of the different types of handbags.

Handbags come in many shapes and sizes.  They can be as small as an envelope or as large as a carry on suitcase.  Handbags come in every solid color and a variety of prints like leopard, zebra and even stripes.  You can get a sparkly bag or one with rhinestones.  There is a handbag out there for everyone.

Whatever you call it... purse?  pocketbook?  Clutch?  Evening bag?  Case?  Pouch?  Handbags have been used for thousands of years.  The earliest bags were used to carry tools or gear.  Sometimes the user decorated them with beads or even dyed the material.

How to celebrate National Handbag Day?  Wear your favorite handbag today.  Or, use this day to buy a new handbag.

Why am I celebrating this holiday?  Because I need to celebrate all of the time and effort and mental stress  that I put into finding myself a new purse.  (click HERE, HERE and HERE for a little back story on my purse issues)

I have such a hard time committing to a purse.  I'm not one to just jump in and buy a purse the minute I see it.  I have to stress about it  think about it both in and outside of the store.  I might have to go back to the store a couple of times to look at it.  I will meditate  obsess over it for weeks and then, maybe I will actually purchase the purse.  It's a very stressful time for me.

I do have a few purses in my current collection (and by a few, I mean two or three).  I will be celebrating them and, maybe, I will venture out and peruse some new purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment