Friday, October 18, 2019

The Silent Treatment

As I mentioned a couple of blog posts ago, I gave my notice at the toy store.  As I stated in that post, it was hard to do because I worked there for so long.  It was like working with friends or family (okay.  Maybe not family...)  I didn't mind the work, when it was busy, but, the scheduled hours and well, not getting enough hours during the week, was what pushed me to find something else.

I gave my notice in a  professional way.  Like I said, it was difficult to do.  I know it was for the best for me and my family.  Knowing the business side of things, I know it isn't the best time of year to leave, since holiday is coming up (the busiest time of year for the retail industry).

Since my resignation, I have been given the silent treatment by the managers and the owner.  I guess it didn't help that another co worker gave her notice a few days after me (which is no fault of mine).

It isn't fun working when no one is talking to you.  Well, I do have my fellow co workers who are still friendly.  I thought of giving my remaining shifts away to coworkers.  I mean, why bother going to work when no one (management) wants you there?

I thought about it and realized how childish the entire situation has become.  I felt like I was in Junior High again and the mean girls decided to turn against me.  I was feeling a little uneasy about leaving.  "Am I making the right decision?"  "What if things don't turn out the way I expect them too?"  And then, it dawned on me.

Things are much better this way.  It makes it a lot easier for me to leave. I realize that I am making a better decision by changing jobs and that I will definitely grow from this experience.

So, I will be working the rest of my shifts.

Possibly in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment