Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Weird Dog

I figure it's been awhile since I have posted anything about my weird dog.  I'm sure everyone has been waiting patiently for a Pippen update.

I had to work over the weekend.  Before leaving for work on Saturday morning, RT asked me if there is anything I want him to get done during the weekend.  I replied, "Someone needs his nails clipped."

Yea.  That "someone" is my weird dog  Pippen.

"Someone" hates having his nails clipped.  In fact, he is terrified of having his nails clipped.  He knows where we keep the nail clippers.  If you go near that cabinet in the kitchen, he gets up and hides in the basement.   If he hears you open the cabinet (he can be in the family room), he runs down to the basement.  When we do finally tackle him and attempt to clip his nails, he will yank his paw away (one of us has to hold him and his paw) and if you do finally clip the nail, he will let out a little cry.  And, yes, it's at least a two person job to clip his nails.

Whenever I tell RT that "someone" needs a mani/pedi, we get the feeling that Pippen can understand what we are saying and will disappear for the entire weekend.

By Sunday night, I realized that "someone's" nails had not been clipped.  I corralled Pippen in the family room and RT, quietly, got the clippers.  Apparently, it wasn't quiet enough.  "Someone" heard the cabinet or the grabbing of the clippers and bolted for the basement.  We tried luring him into the family room with homemade french fries, but, he was on to us and our little scheme.

Bella came home and we enlisted her help in pinning him down  holding  hugging him.  So, there Bella and I are, hugging and sweet talking Pippen while RT tries to clip his nails.

After a good sweat session  nail clipping attempt, we were able to get 1 1/2 paws clipped.

Unbeknownst to Pippen, the nail clippers have been moved to the family room.  This will hopefully make future attempt a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment