Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Awkward Moment

I knew I would have some more crazy posts with this whole job change.

As most of you know (I write like I have more than my loyal two followers), I gave my notice at the toy store.  You can read all about that here.  Last week was pretty hairy.  I worked all seven days.  Some days, I worked at both jobs.  This week is a little better.  Only five days of work and 3 of those are at both places.

I'm enjoying my time at my new job.  There's always something to do.  I'm never bored.  I especially enjoy working on the floor.  I get quite a bit of exercise walking around the store.  And, that (walking and exercise) is always a good thing for me.   I'm surprised by that because I really like being at the register, ringing customers out.  That's when I get to talk to people.

On one of my register days, it was a little crazy (we had a long line).  I finished up with my customer and asked the next customer to step over.  I don't think she heard me, and as I was staring, I realized that I knew this customer from the toy store.  One of the customers that I liked to talk to during the check out process.  I didn't know if she would recognize me or not.  I wasn't totally out of the toy store (still had over a week to go) and no one there knows where I'm off to when I leave there.

The customer finally walked over and it didn't take long for it to dawn on her to recognize me.  I told her I still had a week left at the toy store and that I would miss being there.  She said that shopping at this store is much more fun.

I think things went well.  It was rather awkward at first, but, I think she understood the reason for the change.  I should probably just get used to it.  I'm sure I will have many more experiences like that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment