Monday, October 21, 2019

My Weird Dog

I think I am finally convinced that my dog is weird.

Yes, I have a lot of stories about him on my blog.  They all describe little oddities about him.  I find them amusing.  My family says he's just weird.  Now, I think I'm going to have to finally agree with them.  My dog is weird.

Many posts back, I wrote about Pippen getting skunked.  Not one of the great, happy times of having a dog.  In fact, it was one of the things I had hoped to avoid.  It happened and we got through it.  I think the skunk odor is totally out of his fur now.  I'm hoping it never happens again.

Ever since the skunk "incident," when I let Pippen out at night before bed, he won't go out into the yard by himself.  So, to make sure he does what he needs to do, I started walking with him out to the yard.  That's across and down the deck, onto the patio, then chasing him onto the grass.  While outside, he acts rather skittish in the yard.  Any sound or movement makes him jump.

Walking out back started to get old, so, I started letting Pippen out the front door.  As I'm walking down the driveway (yes, I have to go out, too),  he walks right behind me.  Once again, I have to tell him to get on the grass and do his business.

It took me awhile, but, I finally realized why he acts so weird when I let him outside at night.  He's afraid of getting skunked again.  He's so scared that he would rather not venture out into the darkness and just hold it in all night.

RT says Pippen is getting soft in his old age.  I think he's just being a big baby.

And now, I'm sure everyone else is thinking that he's just plain weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment