Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Awesome!

You know I can't leave my old job at the toy store without writing a blog post (or three).

I have been scheduled lately with one of the younger new hires (well, she's not the youngest, she's in college).  She is quite friendly with the customers, but, not so much with the staff.  And, if she is not waiting on a customer, she will just hang out at the register and stare off into space.  I'm not sure if she just doesn't want to work or doesn't know how to do it?  I did ask a few hundred  times if they trained her.  I have asked her to help straighten the store, and even offered to show her how it's done.  Every time I ask her, she tells me that she knows how to do it.  Oh, yea, sometimes, instead of staring off into space, she will doodle.  She even leaves her drawings on the counter so everyone knows what she was doing on her shift.

Unfortunately, the owner and manager think she's great.  Mainly because she says, "awesome" so much.  In fact, they were giddy because she said, "awesome" nine times to the same customer.  When I heard this, I felt like we hit an all time low and was actually feeling embarrassed for the store.

I have been scheduled with this person for the majority of my shifts for the last few months.   I try to go into the shift with a positive mind,  knowing that I will be doing the work of two people that evening.  I also know that I will hear the word, "awesome" a million  thousands of  hundreds numerous times.

I guess you can say that this "awesome" situation is the straw that broke the camel's back.  It was part of my "awesome" motivation to move on.   (It's catchy, isn't it?)

We are scheduled to work together on my last shift.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment