It has been brought to my attention that I might be obsessed with the post office.
This all started with one of my many my announcement that I was going to the post office. My family thinks I go all of the time. They wonder what I do there. Why do I have such a need to always visit the post office?
In my defense, we had a P.O. Box set up when we moved here. I have tried to get rid if it but it seems "someone" is having a problem notifying companies of our current address. I get emails from the post office* letting me know there is mail. I even get a photo of the letters! Along with visiting the p.o. box I do enjoy sending out cards, letters and small packages to friends and family. I do sell things online that I need to ship. And, hey, it's only a few blocks from my house.
Personally, I don't think that I am ALWAYS at the post office. I probably visit more than the average person. I live in a small town and the postal workers are quite friendly here.
I do have a confession to make. I've always wanted to work at the post office for a day just to see the amount of mail that passes through and how it gets sorted. Long enough to see the operations but short enough so I don't go postal.
The other day I was rushing out the door. RT was asking me where I was going. I said, "For a walk." When I came back home, I had to confess that I went to the post office. RT said that I am starting to hide my numerous post office visits.
Maybe I do need an intervention?
Do you like going to the post office?
How often do you go to the post office?
*OK, maybe I am a little attached to the postal system.
No comments:
Post a Comment