Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Scary Journey's Unsolved Mysteries: The Case of the Missing Batteries

I have come upon an unsolved mystery in our household that I would like to share with you. I'm hoping you will be able to help me solve this case.

I have written about batteries before right here. I was upset that they were all laying around and how no one knew how to charge them. *

*charging batteries is quite simple. Place chargeable batteries in battery charger and plug in. 

I also complained that whenever I needed a battery (which is next to never) I could not find a charged battery. 

Apparently, all of the batteries in our house (particularly the AA batteries) are disappearing.  I'm not sure if they are walking out of our house by themselves or if there is a battery thief in our area that only visits our house with hopes to steal all of our chargeable batteries. 

Today I had to take Nick to work. Just as we were about to leave a fight broke out between Bella and Alex over batteries. Since there was yet another disappearance of batteries in the remote controls (including the XBox controls) Bella's Leapster was being fought over for batteries. Luckily, I was at the store earlier and something told me I shouldn't pass up that battery display without grabbing a package.  It was a temporary fix to a break out fight.  I thought it was a good move since I probably prevented World War III.  I can see the history books now: 

WWIII started in the house of Alex and Bella who began fighting one afternoon over the batteries in a Leapster.  (that were not even charged, by the way)   Soon, major retailers of batteries joined in the fight which then led to battery manufacturers, reporters and the paparazzi (hey, somebody had to record what was happening and take pictures!  Hope their camera's batteries were charged).

Well, all is calm now.  I am still searching for the missing batteries. 

And, if I ever meet up with that battery thief.......

No comments:

Post a Comment