Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year......

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
It's the hap - happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap - happiest season of all


We're talking Back to School Time!
 
 Got the kids off to school today. 

The Junior
(I had to get up early for this one and I had only one shot)
apparently there are rules when taking a high schooler's picture
 
The 8th Grader
(tradition taking the picture with the dog)
 
the 2nd grader
(again with Newton)
(Pippen was not available for pictures this morning)
 
They are starting a little later this year (believe it or not it was August 15 last year!).  It is a happy time.  The kids are excited to see old friends.  I'm excited to have a clean kitchen for longer than 5 minutes.  They are excited. to....
 
Okay, Okay.  They aren't too excited.  I think I'm more excited to have them doing something other than laying around playing video games and making messes in the house.
 
I have to admit, as excited as I am having them go off to school, I'm going to miss them. 
 
The noise.
The fighting.
The yelling.
The video games.
The million friends traipsing in and out of the house all day long.
The messes.
 
Let me wake up from my daydreaming. 
 
I won't miss the messes. (or yelling, fighting, etc.)
 
I will miss the fun and the smiles and jokes and laughter throughout the day.  The excitement on their faces when they tell me something. 
 
taken at school, right before she started to hug me and cry
yea, she knows how to pull on those heart strings
I had the librarian take her into class for me while I went to wipe my eyes  :(
 
I do know that I will have all of that when they are home from school. They will have more to tell me (since I was not there all day at school with them). 

Who knows?  Maybe I will have some stories to tell them, too.
 
Like how I cleaned the kitchen and it stayed clean all day. 
 
Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment