Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to school: I don't have a thing to wear

This happened yesterday and I thought it was cute and had to share. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture. 

Bella has been telling me for the last week how she doesn't have anything to wear for the first day of school. The girl has more clothes than I do. I told her to look through her (multitude) of clothes and pull together an outfit. 

Yesterday, she asked me to come upstairs to her room. On her bed she laid out several outfits. Dresses, skirt/top, shorts/top and even a pair of pants and top. Along with these outfits she place color coordinated underwear, earrings, headband, bracelet and necklace.  She also had all of her shoes in a row on the bed.  She then asked me to tell her which one to wear. 

That's a loaded question. I don't make decisions like that unless we are going somewhere where she should dress a certain way (like wearing a dress instead of her bathing suit or in the winter pants and shirt instead of shorts and a tank top). I told her that I liked all if her outfit choices and to choose the one that she feels most comfortable wearing. 

I found the whole clothing on the first day amusing. Girls are so different than boys. They like to plan out what they are going to wear, how they will do their hair, what jewelry, etc.  Boys just roll out of bed, grab some clothes (off the floor?  clean or dirty) maybe check out their hair and they are off. 

I should probably worry. What will it be like when she's a teenager?  Will we have tears over clothing?  

I don't think so.

 Bella made a decision on what to wear all by herself and she's happy.

 So am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment