Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My notebook

I was trying to find my trusty notebook. The one that I write everything down in so I can remember it. I really wanted to go to sleep, but had to make a couple of notes of things to get done the next day. 
I looked in the usual spots. Front hall closet, kitchen, by my bed. No luck. 

Basement?  No. Laundry room?  No. 

Then it dawned on me. I knew exactly where I left it. RT's car!  (I used it the other day to run some errands)

Normally, I would prepare myself to go outside. Make sure I look okay. Put some shoes on. I decided I would go out there "as is," and run out there and get the notebook.  A quick run to the car and back then I can go to bed, right?

After I got the notebook, I went upstairs and said to RT, "I did it. I went outside like this."  

A look of horror spread across his face. 

RT "In your pajamas?"

Me:  "Yea. I thought I would let you know. In case you started seeing "For Sale" signs go up at all of the neighbors houses."

RT:  Oh, great. 

Hey!  I'm just happy I found my notebook. 

And now I can write, "put jacket by front door."

No comments:

Post a Comment