Friday, August 2, 2013

Your Mother Doesn't Live Here

Well, she does live here but she is not going to clean up after you.
 
So, when I walk into the kitchen and find this waiting for me....


 

 


 
Not exactly what I like to see after I have just cleaned the kitchen.  And, yes, I made the suspects clean this up.  I don't want to spend my day or all of my time in the kitchen cleaning.  Cleaning isn't my favorite thing to do especially when its an area that I have just recently cleaned.  Recently, meaning thirty minutes ago.

I had a talk with the suspects.*  Explained that we all have to clean up after ourselves.  Not to leave messes.  Yada-yada-yada. 

*Remember that no one admits to the crime.  They were not around the area at that time.  They had nothing to do in the area.  They were far, far away when this crime happened.  

I put up a sign in the kitchen on the counter.















So, like the sign says, "Clean up after yourself!"

Yea, fancy sign I made. I could have taken the time and perused Pinterest and put together a pretty, glittered sign that would look absolutely stunning in my kitchen.  Instead, I just got out my favorite Sharpie marker and a piece of scrap paper and wrote out what I wanted to say...."Clean up after yourself!" 

Maybe I will make a fancier one and share that at a later time.  For now, my sign is working its magic and my counters are staying "somewhat" clean. 

2 comments:

  1. Hm, I think I'm going to have to make one of those signs... if I can figure out how. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I will have to sit down and try to remember how I did it and put up a step by step tutorial.

      Delete