Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Ultimate Thank You

I talked about the importance of writing thank you notes back in December.  I also talked about being thankful for things that you have back in January.  Today I want to talk about receiving the ultimate Thank You note.
In my line of work (job title: Mom) I don't get very many thank you notes for the job I am doing, the things I do or say, my help, my laundry expertise, my cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring.  I don't get a raise or a "job well done" from the boss.  But, today was different.

Today I received 2 pieces of paper.  They are just white,  8 1/2" x 11" pieces of paper that have some writing on them.  The writing is in red marker.  Nothing exciting.  No drawings or stickers or artwork.  Just words.   They don't hold any monetary value (to an outsider).   To me, they are now my most prized possession.

I thought I would share them with you.  I'll translate for you:

I love doing crafts with you.  I love coloring with you.  I love playing Barbies with you.

I love your voice better than Dad's. (sorry Dad)  I love Scrapbooking with you.

I don't know what else to say.
This makes it all worth it.  :)