Wednesday, May 23, 2012

60th Wedding Anniversary

Sunday we celebrated my Aunt and Uncle's 60th wedding anniversary at Greek Islands  in Greek Town.  Traffic wasn't too bad even with all of the NATO chaos going on in Chicago.

It was great to see family and eat lots of good greek food.  Did I say lots of food?  I'm still stuffed and it's Wednesday!

I spoke with my Aunt and Uncle after the party.  Loved hearing their stories.  So much they have seen and done together over the years.

I think my Uncle had a little too much wine. 
not a great picture, sorry

He stood up and thanked all of us for coming to celebrate their anniversary, shared a little limerick with all of us (my cousins were happy that it was a clean limerick) and then he began to serenade his wife with "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." 

Happy Anniversary!
Here's to another 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment