Thursday, May 24, 2012

SPIDER!!!!!!

Bella makes her way downstairs (she is supposed to be going to bed).  She informs me that there is a spider in her room.  I tell Alex to go upstairs and kill it for her. (I'm in the middle of making cookies)  Alex asks for a cookie for payment.  I agree.

A couple of minutes later, Alex is calling me to come upstairs.  (he is afraid of spiders)  He said that the spider is big. (which means that it is the size of a gnat).  I told him to ask Nick to help.

I can now hear all three of them talking about it in Bella's room.  Is there really that much to discuss?  It's a spider.  It's not like they are making a game plan on how to catch it.  If you listen, you can hear the brother-brother-sister love.  Can you hear it?  Let me describe this "love" sound to you.

Nick is teasing Bella about the spider.  Bella is crying.  There are other high pitched screeches coming from the room (Alex).  Must be more teasing from Nick.  Then Alex appears in the kitchen.

Me:  Did you get the spider?
Alex:  No (reaching for a cookie)
Me:  You don't get a cookie.  You're supposed to get the spider for your sister.
Alex:  Nick got it (sound of toilet flushing)
Me:  Shouldn't Nick get the cookie?
Alex:  I'll eat it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment