Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Candy Sleigh

Today we are going to make a candy cane dish that looks like Santa's sleigh.  I got the idea for this project from here.  

You will need:
a box (I used a cracker box)
red paint
Xacto knife
scissors
ruler
2 candy canes
candy

Start with your cracker box
 
Cut down to size of sleigh (my sleigh is 4 inches)
Cut an angle from the back to the front of the sleigh
you will have to straighten out the front of the sleigh
the front of my sleigh is about 2 1/2 inches
Next, using scissors, start shaping the sides to look like an actual sleigh



Using your xacto knife, carve out a hole big enough to fit your candy cane
You will need two holes in front, and two in back
They will need to be the same distance so the candy canes are straight (you might want to use the ruler)




I had to cut my candy canes because they curled too much into the front of the sleigh


Paint your sleigh

I had to do a couple of coats to cover the words on the box

Lookin' good

Even better with the candy!

Sure hope we get some snow so we can go sledding!
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment