Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Card Holder

I feel like these crafts are consuming me.  I live, eat, breathe and dream about Christmas crafts now.  Bella can't wait to start each day's crafts (she even wants to work ahead or do extras).  I'll let you know when I start dreaming about it raining beads, being chased by markers into a dark foam alley and a large bottle of glitter glue starts throwing little sparkly pom poms at me.  Let's just hope it doesn't get to that point.

Today we are making a Christmas Card Holder.  What to do with all those lovely cards that you get in the mail?  Throw them out?  Put them in a pile?  Shove them in a drawer?  Burn them?  How about putting them on your new Christmas Card Holder! 

Supplies for the day:
20 clothespins (and no, we're not doing laundry)
green acrylic paint (I'm using two, dark forest green and vineyard green)
red pony beads
green pipe cleaner (or red)
ribbon
coat hanger
wire cutter
paper plate
glue dots

I skipped the picture of the supplies.  I'm thinking if you got this far, you can figure it out, right?

Ok, first you will need to use the wire cutters to cut off the top of the wire coat hanger.  Try to shape the wire into a circle (easier said than done, believe me)  Next, put two red beads onto the wire

follow this by a green clothespin (through the holes on the side)

Bella made a patter out of the clothespins and had it set up and ready to go


Once you are finished adding all of the beads and clothespins, you're finished!  Just kidding.  I took my paper plate and cut off the rounded edges.  (you could probably leave them on)  Then cut a circle in the center of the plate and then place under your project
Put glue dots on the back of the clothes pins and stick to the paper plate

You gotta love glue dots!  I think I need to become a spokesperson for glue dots.  These things are great!  This picture is courtesy of Bella.  She took my camera and went a little crazy with it
Almost finished.  Now to add some ribbon

add a card or two and, you're done!  Good job!
This project looked easy on paper but became a little challenging trying to get it to stay on the plate.  We tried hot glue and then settled on glue dots (my new favorite product).

Here are a few more pictures that Bella felt we needed to have while doing this project.  She is quite the photographer these days.
toes
blue fingernails with purple sparkles


Thanks for stopping by.  Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment