Friday, April 6, 2018

Ten Things I Can't Live Without

I guess this is my first Top Ten list.  I feel like David Letterman should be reading this list to you.  Maybe you can read this post in David Letterman's voice?

Now that we straightened that out...

I thought I would write a list of things I can't live without.  These are not in any particular order.  So, lets get started.

This should be interesting......


1.  Water.

Yes.  Humans can't live without water.  But, water is my drink of choice.  That's all I drink.  Well, I do have tea, but, that is made using water.  I also enjoy an occasional alcoholic drink (that's another story)  but, when it comes down to it, I'm drinking water.  Oh, and it's just water.  It's not designer water.  It doesn't have a well known company name, fancy label or a celebrity endorsing it.  Just. Plain. Water.


2.  My leg sleeves.

What?

I have these athletic leg sleeves I wear when I walk or while I'm at work.  I love them!  I'm on my feet a lot and these help by not making my legs feel tired.

Oh, yea, and my family just loves when I wear them!  <  I'm kidding on that one.  I think they are a little embarrassed, but, hey!  That's why I'm here.  To embarrass them,  Right?


3.  Pens/Pencils

I love pens and pencils!  I have so many pens and pencils.  I'm trying to use them up so I don't leave them as a huge inheritance for my children.  I haven't purchased any new pens or pencils.  Well, unless it's for school.  The funny thing is, when I started to write this post, I couldn't find a pen or pencil to use.  Luckily I had one in one of my billion notebooks with me that had a pencil inside it!

Which brings me to...


4.  Notebooks

I save (can you say, "hoarder?") old notebooks that the kids have used for school.  Sounds strange, but, in some of these books, only a few pages have been used.  It doesn't seem right to throw them out.  I mean, some tree gave it's life for that notebook!  So, I save them and use them for various things.  Girl Scout notebook.  My daily notebook where I keep my "To Do" list and grocery lists.  And, of course, my blog notebook.  I'm not using them up as fast as they are accumulating.  I'm doing my best, though.

5.  Sleep

I need to get my precious 8 hours of beauty sleep every night.  It's essential for me so I can function during the day.

Ha ha ha!  I don't get good sleep.  Who am I kidding?  I'm usually up at 2 or 3 or 4am!

Let's try that one again.

5.  Calendar

Am I the only one that still enjoys the good old fashioned paper wall calendar?  It's where I put all appointments, important meetings, classes, etc.  I even have it color coded with kids activities (which is getting down to only one kid doing something now).  Still, it's easier for me to look at the big picture on an actual paper calendar than on a computer.  I don't know.  I'm just a paper person, I guess.


6.  My Family

I figured I should probably write that down.  You know.  In case any of my family members are reading this right now.

I have to admit, I love hanging out with my family.  They're fun and sometimes quite entertaining.  Although, they can drive me crazy and make me question if we are really related?  They are a great bunch and they help provide stories for this blog (gotta love that!).


7.  My Sense of Humor

Without my sense of humor I would not survive being around my family.

I mean, seriously!  Take a look at these posts:

The Shorts
E is for Empty
Almost Outta Gas
Gone Missing
Diarrhea
The Black Hole
Hearing
RT's Outbursts

If I didn't have a sense of humor, I would definitely have been put in an institution by now.


8.  My Weird Dog.

He's pretty strange.  I don't like that he wants to attack other dogs.  He also only listens when he wants to (selective hearing or selective obedience).  But, it's nice to come home and have someone super excited to see you!  It's also nice to be happily greeted first thing in the morning.  That's better than the grunts I get from some of my family members.  It's also nice to have someone so worried about you that they start crying outside the door...Wait.  Maybe not...


9.  Apparently, my glasses.

My eyesight hasn't changed in the last 30 years.  I've had a pair of glasses that I occasionally wear while watching TV or a movie.  All of a sudden, my eyesight started getting worse.  Sometimes it's hard for me to see at night and distance is, well, really bad.  I finally had an eye exam (my first in 30 years) and some new glasses.  Now, I just have to remember to carry them around with me.

and finally,

10.  Ear Plugs

My ears are sensitive.  No loud music for me.  I've always been the one at places with my fingers in my ears.  Church, concerts, recitals, etc.  Not sure why the organ has to be so loud in church?  So, after years of stuffing my fingers or Kleenex in my ears, I have finally decided to just carry some ear plugs with me.  They even have a nice little carrying case.  My family is embarrassed, of course.  Not sure why.  My hair is long and I just make sure it's covering my ears.  And, I'm happier because my ears don't hurt!

Well, that rounds up my first Top Ten list.  That was fun!  If that didn't scare you off, then, I'll have to come up with another list!

No comments:

Post a Comment