Monday, April 30, 2018

Grocery List

Four of the five of us that live here have a Drivers License, but, I'm the only one from our family that is allowed in grocery stores.

My kids tell me, when I return from the grocery store, the things that I should buy when I go.  I then have to explain that I just went and won't be returning for a week and that they will survive with what I bought this week.  

Nick finally posted a list on the cork board in the kitchen with all of the things he wants we need.  Let me remind you that his girl friend works at the grocery store and he picks her up and drops her off at work.  He is more than capable of getting out of the car and buying some groceries on one of those trips.  

The list has caught on.  In fact, if I don't purchase it immediately (when they write it down) someone will write it again and say, "we really need this."

"Someone" wrote down:  granola bars (good ones).  I brought "someone" with me when I went shopping because I was afraid I wouldn't buy "the good ones."

The list gets talked about, too.

Nick will ask about it.  Ask when I'm going to the store again.  He'll even ask how often I go to the store.

I did finally go to the store and purchased all of the items on the list.  I saw Nick in the kitchen, complaining about there not being any food in the house.  I told him I just went to the store and bought the items he wrote down.  His mood changed once he found all the items.

A new list has been added to the board.  So far, there are no requests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment