Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My Weird Dog

I know I've mentioned how excited Pippen is when I come home.  He greets me, all excited and his tail is wagging.  I always say it's nice that someone is happy to see me.

Apparently, I'm the only one that gets the red carpet "Welcome Home," treatment.

When RT comes home, Bella and I greet him.  He commented that Pippen doesn't bother to get up and greet him.  You see, our last dog, Newton, was always at the door, wagging his tail when RT came home.

When Alex comes home, Pippen barks.  A lot.  He does this even if he comes home by himself.

When Nick comes home, Pippen stays where he is and growls.  He might let a small bark escape with the growls if Nick's girl friend comes in at the same time.

When I work, Bella comes home before I get home from work.  I tell her that Pippen will be here to greet and protect her.  Bella tells me that she comes home and there's no sign of Pippen.  She walks in and he is always laying in the same spot in the living room.  He doesn't even lift his head when she walks by.  She says, "Hi" to him and keeps walking.  Pippen just stays where he is, in the living room, upset that she disturbed his nap.

Since Pippen has no reaction when Bella comes home, she has decided to pretend that she is a burglar when entering our house.  The first day, she came in and pounded her feet on the stairs.  She happened to come home later than normal, and with the loud noise, Pippen actually got up to check out the excitement.  He realized it was her and went back to his regularly scheduled nap.

RT said he wants the next dog we get to be happy to see him.  "A normal dog."  Of course, Pippen's weirdness has been so entertaining, I think a "normal" dog would be rather boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment