Monday, November 27, 2017

The Shorts

I'm sure you remember the infamous pair of shorts.

These are the sweatpants RT cut and made into shorts about 22 years ago.  I thought the "shorts" would be around for a month or two and then would disappear.

Here we are, twenty two years later and the shorts are still around.  

RT decided to put "the shorts" into his pile of clothes to be donated/thrown out.

These "shorts" have a HUGE history.  I mean, they have stuck around for 22 years!  So many memories!  RT wears them and the kids get embarrassed.  In fact, the kids beg me to not let RT wear these "shorts" when he picks them up from friend's houses or activities.  They are so famous, that people from all over the world come, just to get a glimpse of these shorts.

I saw "the shorts" in the pile of clothes that RT was getting rid of, and, I had to say something.  

Me:  You can't get rid of these shorts!  They are an historic treasure.

RT:  I thought you would be happy that I was getting rid of them.

Me:  Kids  Dad wants to get rid of his cut off shorts.

Kids:  The sweatpants shorts?

Me:  Yes.

Alex:  Family meeting!

All the kids came into the hall to discuss the future of "the shorts."

Bella was all for getting rid of them.  I reminded her that he has to wear them to walk her down the aisle.  She said she would rather see him wear something else.  (anything but the shorts!)

There was a vote.  Three for keeping the shorts and two (RT and Bella) for getting rid of the shorts.  (RT's vote doesn't count, thought.  He just has to go with whatever the majority decides).

I'm happy to inform you that "the shorts" are here to stay.  They are on display for all to see.  

Get your tickets today and get in line to see a part of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment