Friday, April 13, 2018

Vegan Diaries - Chick Pea Salad Sandwich

Sorry about posting two Vegan Diaries in the same week.  I  came across this recipe and I wanted to try it out.  I'm always looking for easy, healthy lunch ideas for myself and Bella.   I don't eat a lot of sandwiches.  When I have to work, it's a lot easier to take something on a tortilla (hummus, peanut butter, etc.).

This recipe is so easy to make!  I put everything in the food processor.  Well, except the onions.  I like onions and don't mind mine a little chunky onion in my sandwich.

These would be great served with tomato slices, some spinach or even more onion!

Here's the recipe:

Chick Pea Salad Sandwich

15oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 large ripe avocado
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 TBSP chopped green onion
Juice from one lime
salt/pepper to taste
garlic powder (optional)

Put chick peas in food processor along with avocado.  Add cilantro, green onion and lime juice.

Start making some sandwiches!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment