Monday, April 9, 2018

Vegan Diaries - Chocolate Chip Blondies

Another success with a vegan dessert!  This recipe is vegan, gluten free and dairy free!  And, it's delicious!

I found this recipe online and decided to make them for the family.  I didn't give out any ingredients or tell them that they are a "special dessert" or use the word "vegan."  When you start saying things about the food, then my family will question it.  Hearing anything odd about the food, they might not try it, or they will try it but not have an open mind about it.   If I don't say anything, I will get an honest answer.

The things I have to do to get them to eat healthy.

We really enjoyed these and I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Here's the recipe:

Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies

1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup agave syrup
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients (except Chocolate chips) in blender (Vitamix or food processor will work).  Scoop onto parchment paper that is in an 8x8 baking dish.  Mix in chocolate chips as you are spreading the batter.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


      * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm thinking you could add to the recipe.  Maybe some chopped walnuts?  Or chopped coconut?


The blondies disappeared.  They were thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.  I still haven't disclosed the ingredients to my family.  Let's just keep it a secret for now, OK?

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment