Friday, April 20, 2018

Damsel in Distress

I'm pretty good at playing the role of the Damsel in Distress.  I've worked out the kinks in the role and am able to play the part and get some wonderful results.

By results, I mean, I get people to do things for me.  It's great if it's the first time doing something and I want someone to show me how it's done.  It's also great when I really don't feel like doing something.  I mean, why not have someone else do it for you?  The person is right there and willing to do it for you.  I say take advantage of the situation!  Sit back and enjoy.

A few situations come to mind.  For example, waxing the car.  If you ever need your car waxed, just ask my brother, Steve (He's never going to "help me" wax my car again after this post).  Steve "helped me" wax my first car.  I was a very good student and watched how Steve applied (then removed) the wax to all parts of the car.  It's been a long time and I might need a refresher course in car waxing.  By the way, the Jetta needs a coat of wax.  Let me know if you're free.

One night, I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  I had an eggplant from the garden that I wanted to use.  Nick suggested that I make Ratatouille.  I told him that I didn't know how to make it.  He started explaining a quick, "How to."  I asked if he could show me.  Nick then proceeded to make dinner.  I have to say that it was the best Ratatouille ever!  I never did write down the recipe.  I'll have to ask him to "show me how" again.

I'm not saying that I'm lazy.  I would say manipulative  creative.  Curious.  How about, I'm willing to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment