Monday, April 16, 2018

My Weird Dog

Growing up we had a dog.  I was constantly torturing playing with the dog.  I would follow him.  I would include him in my imaginary play.  My Dad would tell people that I couldn't walk by the dog without petting him.

I was thinking about what my Dad said.  Pippen sleeps in our room most nights on the floor on my side of the bed.  As I'm getting into bed, I rub his back with my foot.  He looks up and I have to pet him again.  When I get up in the middle of the night, as I'm getting back into bed, once again, I rub my foot on his back.   RT already knows about my dog obsession.  He doesn't need to know about the middle of the night dog fix.

I think it's always been this way.  I see a dog and I instantly want to pet it.  I think, sometimes, I get along better with dogs than people.  Dogs are happy to see you, they don't talk back or cause any drama in your life.  And, they're fun to be around.

So, I'm guessing my Dad was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment