Monday, January 5, 2015

Week of Organizing: Day Two: The Pantry

Yesterday went so well, I thought I would attack the pantry today.  It always seems to get messed up.  This might take a little longer than 15 minutes if you never go through your pantry.  Now is the time to check use by dates.   You might want to ask yourself if you are ever going to use certain items.   I try to go through our pantry quite often.  And, since I was sick for a week (and didn't go grocery shopping for about two weeks) a lot of the items mysteriously cleared out of the cabinet.
before

I was all set to pull things out when a little helper came by and decided to take over.  I don't want to discourage organization help so, I let Bella take over and organize the pantry.
after

I think she did a great job.

What you probably can't see: 

We put some items in glass jars (rice, dry beans for soups, craisins, etc.)

Bella organized the shelves:  cereal/breakfast shelf, pasta shelf, baking items

This is the bottom half of the pantry.  I quickly cleaned up the top shelves and straightened everything out so they match the bottom ones.

The top shelf is RT's personal secret storage spot.  That's where he hides his candy and coffee.  I guess it isn't a secret if I (and the kids) know about it, is it?

Are you organizing along with me?  What have you organized so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment