Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week of Organizing: Day Five: Desk/Mail Center

I like how my organization is shaping up.  I even look forward to tackling the next project.  (scary, I know!)   Ten minutes into this project today and I realized that this was going to be another tough day.

As much as I love paper.....I realize that I also hate it.  The school sends home so much paper.  A lot of it is unnecessary.  Sometimes it's so overwhelming that I just put it all in a pile and try to ignore it.   Unfortunately, the pile continues to grow and I have to start going through it.

Before

I decided to designate a cubby for RT and Nick.  Somewhere I can put their mail (or papers).  For some reason, I decided to put the cordless telephone in RT's cubby.  I am not a fan of the wires hanging, but, I was tired of seeing it on the desk.  (we shall see how long it lasts up there....)

I have an envelope for bills that need to be paid.   I put this envelope in the drawer.  I might rethink that and create a basket for incoming mail (but I want it to hang on the wall).  I will continue to look for something.  Hey, it's a work in progress.  At least I identified the problem.  Now I just have to find a solution.......that works for me.   :)

I went through the drawers and pulled out ALL of the folders and went through them with a fine tooth comb.  (lots of paper being recycled this week)

Straightened up the other drawers and went through all of the pens and pencils in my pencil cup.

After

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

 Now to keep it clutter free......

Are you organizing along with me?  Any tips you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment