Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week of Organizing Day Seven: The Laundry Room (part two)

It's Day Seven already.  I didn't think I would make it through  an entire week organizing.  I picked some interesting spots in the house.  I know there are more that could use a little help.  Now that I have the organizing bug, there shouldn't be a problem.

So, today I picked the other half of the laundry room.  Well, it's one side of the laundry room.  RT has the other two sides (and he cleaned those up not too long ago).  I'm embarrassed to show this picture. It's another area of our house that I just shove things on the shelves.  This is what happens when you have space and shelves.  Well, this is a Scary Journey....so, here it is:

Before

Yikes!

What do we have on those shelves?  Lots and lots of stuff.  I recycled quite a bit of the newspaper (I save some for Girl Scout projects).  I figured we didn't need all of it.  I also got rid of some Christmas tins/boxes/bowls that we have acquired over the years.  We don't seem to use them, so, I thought I would donate them.  Maybe someone can put them to good use.  I straightened the shelves and tried to put like things with like things (school supplies, beach/summer stuff, food)

After

Much better, don't you think?  I can't believe all of the plates we have on hand!  We usually have Christmas Day at our house (we haven't done this for the last two Christmases) so we need the plates and cups.  Now we have an abundance.  I guess that means party at our house!  :)

Did you organize along with me this week?  How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment