Friday, January 9, 2015

Week of Organizing Day Six: The Laundry Room (part one)

Okay.  I'm liking all of the changes that I have made so far.  I'm hoping you are organizing right along with me.  I like company.  :)

Today I decided to attempt the laundry room.  I thought I would do this in two stages.  You'll see why when you look at the pictures.  Today is part one:  The laundry area (where we wash our clothes).

Before

I cleaned up the shelves a little.  I had quite a bit of containers that I had saved thinking I might need them for storage/organization.  The majority of them went into the recycle bin.  Okay, Okay.  I saved a couple.  I will get rid of them if I don't use them for any of my other organizing projects!  Wow!  Tough crowd!  Moving on....I have quite a few hangers, but, I use those to hang clothes to dry.  (and sometimes the boys need them for their clothes, instead of keeping them on their floor....)  I also organized my fabric and sewing supplies.  I think it looks a lot better.

After

I decided that I needed to put in some color to make it more exciting down here.  Something has to change.  It's kind of blah.  I think a fresh coat of paint would be nice.

That was tough.  There's still more to this room, though.  And that's going to be tomorrow's project.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment