Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Week of Organizing Day Four: The Craft Cabinet

Now, this was a project.

We are at Day Four of our  organizing and today I chose the craft cabinet.  I would allow some time if you have an extensive craft supply collection.  I don't have a HUGE amount of craft supplies, but, I made sure that I had plenty of time to go through everything.
before



My pretty papers are already in containers and are stacked nicely in the office (under the printer).  My painting supplies are in the laundry room.  They are in a box on the shelves and will stay there.  Sewing supplies are also in the laundry room in containers and will stay there.  (the containers will not fit inside these cabinets)

The best way to start is to pull everything out of the cabinets and start sorting through your stuff.  I made piles of things that go together (glues, sequins, ribbon, washi tape, etc.) so I can store them together.  Makes it easier when I need something, I can go to one place and find everything that I have.....

I realized that I had A LOT of empty containers that I thought I would use to store craft supplies.  I recycled quite a few containers.  I also had items that were broken (tossed those), one or two of something (combined them and threw out any extra packaging).  All in all I think it was worth the time and effort.
after



What do you think?

Are you organizing along with me?  What have you organized this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment