Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thrift Shop

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
This is awesome
 
 
If you haven't heard the song Thrift Shop, here's a link.  Some of the lyrics are questionable (in other words there is a parental advisory).  This song has been stuck in my head today.
 
We got the 5am wake up call from the district about no school today.  Never mind that it wasn't snowing at 5:30am.  They decided to cancel school.  I told Nick and Alex .  Nick wanted to know how much snow we had.  I said none.  He said, why are they cancelling school then?  I said I don't know.  By 7:30am, Nick was showered, dressed and ate breakfast, Bella was dressed and made a lunch (she didn't believe me about there not being any school).  Alex was snuggled up in his bed.  (smart kid)
 
We did (finally) get some snow.  About 4 inches fell (and counting).  Alex, Bella and I went sledding.  Yes, I went sledding, too.  It was fun!  Alex doesn't have any snow pants or winter coat. (junior high and high school kids do not wear winter coats because it isn't cool)  He put some sweats on and tucked them into his socks.  He put RT's winter coat on (it's HUGE on him) and threw on a hat.  He looked like a grandpa.  I took one look and started singing, "I wear your granddad's clothes I look incredible." (from the song) 
 
I'll try to get a picture of him and put it up so you can see for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment