Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blog templates, updates, etc.

I like to read other blogs.

There.  I said it.  I feel so much better getting that off my chest.  Phew!

OK, why I'm writing about blogs (templates, updates, color changes, etc) is that when I go visit someone else's blog, I notice things.  Now, I will be the first to admit that my blog isn't perfect.  I have messed around with the different templates that Blogger has available.  I have changed colors.  I have adjusted the width of the body of my blog.  I realize that there are some things on my blog that I need to address (IE, putting recipe links under my "Recipe" heading).  I like to say that my blog is a work in progress.

One thing that I have learned is to always check my blog to see that the changes I make to my blog work and look good.  By work I mean, when I adjust the colors on my blog, am I able to see them?  Do the colors look good?  If I adjust the column width or body width, am I able to see the complete wording on the side of my blog?  (If you look over to the right, Can I see the titles of past posts?  If you can't read the post title, how do you know if you want to read that blog post?) 

Like I said, I like to visit other blogs.  I was sad to see one of my favorite blogs had some adjustments done, and the side of the blog where she has links to some of her favorite online sites and sponsor ads was cut in half.  I wanted to click on one of the favorite online sites but it did not work because it was cut in half.  This made me think of how important it is to look at your blog often and see if you need to make changes.

Well, I hope that my many few readers get the point and, if they are blogging, remember to look at your blog every once in awhile.

There.  I feel better.

Thanks for listening.



No comments:

Post a Comment