Friday, March 29, 2013

I got carded today!

Hey, if you got carded and you had a blog, that would be your post title. 

It's been awhile since I have been carded.  When buying alcohol, you can expect to be carded (I think it's up to age 30?)  Of course, I'm usually with one or two kids and my gray hairs are really showing.  I think the cashier realizes that I must really need it bad and just sends me on my way.

Today I was in line and the woman in front of me was buying cigarettes.  She defintely looked older than 18 (I think that's the age for cigarettes).  She was asked for an ID card and she asked her "friend" (husband?)  for his ID.  The cashier said she couldn't accept it.  The woman finally produced an ID (she made a big deal about having to look in her purse for it).  I say, if you are buying alcohol or tobacco products, you should have your (own) ID easily accessible so you can produce it if needed.  And, you shouldn't put up a stink about it.  It's the law. 

Of course some of us get a kick out of being carded and are very happy to be asked for our ID and then tell everyone we know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment