Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chinese Fire Drill

Earlier today Alex asked for a protractor. He said he needed one for school. I said to look in the supply cabinet in the basement. There should be one there (I remember buying one before school started).
At 9:00pm Alex comes up to me (this is right after I got back from the grocery store and quickly made lunches and got Bella to bed) and asks for a protractor. I went and looked through the supplies and could not find one. I went up into the attic and remembered there was one in an old desk that belonged to one of my brothers (don't ask how I got it from my brother and I don't think it was theirs because it has some girls name on it). I handed it to Alex. He looks at it and starts complaining that its bent. I said to go in the basement, get a hammer and straighten it out. I then asked him what happened to the protractor I gave him at the beginning of the year? He said, "you didn't give me one." I said, yes I did. You put it in your trapper." (Protractor found)
I finally sit down. It's closer to 9:30pm now. Nick walks in and says he can't find his other black pair of jeans. He needs to wear them tomorrow for a speech. I haven't seen them either. So, off I went into the laundry room in search of the missing jeans. When I come up with nothing, RT jumps up and says, "I think I might have them." (They can't wear the same size pants. Shirts, maybe. Shoes, yes). RT appears a few minutes later with the missing jeans. Case solved.
I'm tired and going to sleep. I have to be ready. There might be another Chinese fire drill in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment