Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting down and dirty

Alex came home from school today in shorts and his PE shirt. I thought it was strange that he wore shorts today (it was 25 degrees and REALLY windy). (In other words, freezing). I asked him why he wore shorts (bypassing the question about the PE shirt). He then told me what happened.

Alex was playing basketball with one of his friends. The friend went to block him when he was going up for the shot. Alex fell in a mud puddle and the other boy fell on top of him. Alex's clothes were all muddy. I said this happened after school? When did you have time to change? He said it happened at recess. He said he had to walk home wearing his PE clothes.

Yea. I laughed. How can you not? He wasn't hurt. He was having fun playing basketball and that mud puddle just happened to get in the way.

Honestly, I'm surprised that he didn't keep the muddy clothes on. I guess I should be thankful. It's better than having the teachers think I let him go to school wearing muddy clothes.

I didn't realize the clothes were that muddy until I saw this pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment