Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Sit Upon

A sit upon on which you will sit upon.
Bella is going to a Daisy camp and I received a long list of things that she needs for the week.  Well, it isn't really that long.  It seems long to me, tho.
One of the items needed is a sit upon.  Something that Bella can sit on, since this is an outdoor camp and the grass is dry and scratchy right now.  Or, if it rains, something we haven't had much of in the last two months, to keep her shorts dry. 
Bella keeps asking, "What is a sit upon?"   I think she likes saying "sit upon."  It is fun to say.  Try it. 
I googled sit upon and this is the site that I am getting my directions on how to make a sit upon, just incase you want one, too.  Bella saw the picture of the finished "sit upon" and still didn't get it.  I think once I make this for her and show her how it is used, she will like it.  Especially during camp when the grass isn't scratching her legs.

What do you need?
Old Pillow (we have PLENTY of those)
plastic tablecloth or Kitchen cabinet liner
hole punch (the trusty ol' crop-o-dile)
yarn
ribbon/cloth (for straps) (optional)
tape
thread

I'll make these quick directions.  Measure out and cut your liner/tablecloth.  Make sure that half of your pillow will fit inside.


That's what the pillow looks like inside.  I used RT's pillow.  Hey, he has 3! 




punch holes 1" apart


Lined up and looking good

start threading the yarn through the holes

straps
I taped them down first, then sewed them to the liner

don't forget to add your pillow!

and you're done!

perfect for camp, sports events

or sitting on the floor of the office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment