Friday, July 6, 2012

RT and his Beetle friends

Sounds like a musical post, but it isn't.  Maybe the pictures can be set to music. 
Every summer RT enjoys catching japanese beetles that land on two of the bushes in our yard.  He puts them in a bottle and keeps the bottle in the sun. (it's his way of torturing them)
This year, we thought we were beetle free until I found some while RT was gone.  I mentioned that they were back, and RT got to work.
this next picture I took, trying to get a close up so you can see the beetle
RT decides to shake the whole bush and they all went flying around
I screamed and one of them landed in my hair 


trying to show the clusters of them
also trying not to get to close incase RT decides to shake the bush again 

For now he will be on the back deck catching beetles.  I'll give you an update on when he has caught the last beetle.

No comments:

Post a Comment