Tuesday, September 3, 2019

My Weird Dog

Recently, I came across some free sheet music.  I played piano for eight years and had quite a selection of music books and sheet music.  Unfortunately, the boxes of music books were in my parents basement and met their demise during one of the (many) times it flooded.

RT wanted to know why I wanted the box of sheet music.  So, the truth had to come out.  I secretly practice the piano when no one is home.  Unfortunately, I don't get many opportunities to play the piano because it feels like there is always someone home at our house.  I'm never home alone.  Ever.

RT said that I could play when he's home.  For me, I like to play when I'm alone.  I can play as loud as I want and if I make a mistake, I don't feel too bad.  Oh, and I can play the same song or same line in a song over and over (and over and over) again.

OK.  Confession time.  I did try playing when RT was home.  The only problem is, if I play the same song over and over, RT will get the song stuck in his head and he will start humming and singing the song for the next couple of weeks.  This is what happened when I tried to learn the Theme to Arthur.  (He still hums a few bars every once in awhile)

I was practicing the other day, because no one was home (a miracle!).  It was pretty nice.  Being home alone and playing the piano.  I thought I was playing pretty good, too.  All of a sudden, Pippen gets up and walks out of the room and goes into the family room.

At that point, I was rather offended.  I wasn't playing too loud and I wasn't making a lot of mistakes.

Anyone looking for a dog who has absolutely zero taste in beautiful music?   He's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment