Friday, August 30, 2019

Personal Mail

I'm sure you know that Nick has moved out (and far away) for school.  And, if you didn't know, then, yea, there have been some big changes happening at our house.  In a couple of weeks, Bella's wish will come true:  To have her parents to herself and to be an only child (in the house).

With all the things to do for Nick's move, I realized that I forgot to give him his new car insurance card.  I thought he would drive back home one more time before school starts and I could make sure he gets the card, but, that's not going to happen.

I took a picture of the card and emailed it to him so he could print it out and have it as a temporary card.  I took the original and put it in an envelope.  I decided that everyone could write him a little note and put it in the envelope for him to read.  I mean, who doesn't like getting personal mail?  And, I know he probably isn't getting much mail since he just moved.

So, I wrote him a quick note.  RT wrote a quick note.  Bella said she's going to tell him that she's glad he's gone (there is just so much love among those kids!).  And, then there's Alex.

Me:  Can you write your brother a note so I can mail it to him?

Alex:  Why don't I just send him a text?

Me:  I have to mail his insurance card and thought it would be fun for him to get a nice note from everyone.

Alex:  I don't have anything to say to him.

Me:  Just write him a note!

A few seconds later, Alex hands me a piece of paper that's folded and says, "You can't read this letter."

Me:  It probably says, "Mom made me write you a note."

Alex:  How did you know?

The exact words (he let me read the note):

Dear Nick,
I'm playing Minecraft on the computer.
Mom is making me write you a note.
Love, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment