Monday, September 30, 2019

Popcorn Machine

I'm a HUGE popcorn fan.  You could say that I'm addicted to popcorn.  I can eat popcorn any time.  Any day.  Any place.  Any where.

Before you start judging me, I make my popcorn with either olive oil or coconut oil and add a tiny amount of salt.  Lately, I'm really into the coconut oil.  It gives the popcorn a really good (and unusual) taste.  Well, at least I think so.

For the last several months, our popcorn machine has been acting up.  When we put the oil and popcorn in the machine, a small amount of kernels pop and we are left with millions  thousands hundreds of old maids.  It's very upsetting when there are three people who have their heart set on having some popcorn.  The machine is then too hot and we can't try popping the rest of the kernels.  

The final straw was when we put some popcorn in the machine and only a few kernels popped.  We realized that this was the end of our popcorn machine (RIP Mr. Popper).  That was a very sad day.  Nothing like wanting some popcorn and not being able to have any because your popcorn machine died.

We had to go old school and make popcorn in a pot on the stove.   We even did the paper bag in the microwave.  It just wasn't the same, tho.

I tried purchasing a popcorn machine at the store.  I went to several big box stores only to find that they did not carry popcorn machines!  Can you believe it?  I thought popcorn was one of the healthy snacks?  Why don't stores carry popcorn machines?

I had to break down and order a popcorn machine online.  The great thing about my order was that I received it the very next day and we made popcorn that night.  It was wonderful because we were popcorn free for almost a week!

Do you like popcorn?

What are your favorite popcorn toppings?

No comments:

Post a Comment