Thursday, September 5, 2019

Least Favorite Day of the Week

I think most people have a favorite day of the week.   A Friday or a Wednesday.  And most people have a least favorite day of the week.  I think for most it's Monday.

I don't really have a favorite day of the week.  I can make most days into a good day.  I do, however, have least favorite day.  That day would be Thursday.

I think some people would agree with my dislike for Thursdays.  I mean, it's not Friday (the end of the week).  It's that day that you get all excited and then realize, "Oh, yea.  Tomorrow is Friday.  I have one more day to get through."

My dislike for Thursdays started way back in elementary school.  My Mom took art class on Thursdays which meant that I was picked up by my grandparents.  It was a change in schedule for me.  I think it was something that my grandparents probably looked forward to, picking up and hanging out with their grandchild.  Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot to do at my grandparents' house.  I was the youngest (no siblings or cousins close in age) and, well, my grandparents weren't big in entertaining a young kid.  I did get to watch my share of The Price is Right and I Love Lucy.  My grandmother also taught me how to play card games.

As I got a little older, my Mom decided that I should make dinner once a week.  So, every week my grandparents would pick me up from school.  I would hang out at their house for awhile,  then, they would drop me off at home so I could start dinner.  I made Hamburger Helper (click here for that story and recipe).  It's a good thing I didn't mind the cooking gig.  In fact, I think it helped me in the long run.

Years have passed since those art class days, and, I'm still not a fan of Thursdays.  I don't think it's the memory of those days.  I feel like Thursday is an extra day in the week.  One more day to get through before the weekend.

Do you have a favorite or least favorite day of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment